Digital Station Intelligence Manager
The ACI Digital Station Intelligence Manager (DSIM) is a next generation gain control module with comprehensive yet extremely cost effective local station diagnostics on board. In the DSIM AGC module the gain control function allows for any QAM or analog carrier from channels 52 to 142 to be selected as pilot or can be set to operate in the thermal AGC mode with 9, 18 and 27 dB of cable.
The DSIM controller is used to set the DSIM module’s pilot channel and to change into the different operational modes during the amplifier setup. The bi-colored blue and red LED indicator's blinking patterns will denote the current optional mode setting.
The DSIM AGC modules are simple to use, reliable, power efficient, cost effective, and an augmentation to the OSP maintenance team’s maximum uptime program. The ACI DSIM is the perfect choice for coaxial plant life extensions for the next decade of all-digital services.
- Up to 40 days of data can be downloaded with either Windows, Apple or Android based products and contains enough detail and ease of readability to take the guesswork out of analysis.
- Pilot frequency settings can be reprogrammed as needed with the use of the key coded controller.
- Pilot modulation types: QAM, NTSC analog or CW (set by controller).
- 9 dB wide gain control range and 6 MHz center frequency bandwidth.
- For aerial installations the DSIM may also be set into the thermal AGC mode with cable sections of 9, 18 and 27 dB.
- The on-board intelligence of the DSIM keeps the station gain on target even during abnormal events, such as loss of pilot and upon return from power outages. In the event that the pilot is lost the DSIM will change into the thermal AGC mode, and then once the pilot is recovered will automatically change back into the SP AGC mode of operation.
AC power on (any status light)
- The DSIM AGC module furnishes the outside plant maintenance team with an on-board diagnostic tool set unprecedented in the industry. The DSIM status LED gives maintenance techs an immediate visual indication of the unit's:
24 volt line status (low, high, ripple high)
Pilot tracking status (pilot in range, pilot lost)
Station temperature status (normal, hot)
Operational mode (MGC, AGC, or TGC)
Pilot channel number in SP AGC mode
Upfront dB of cable setting in TGC mode